Your feedback on the Draft Croydon Community Precinct Masterplan
In November 2019 we consulted with key stakeholders and the community on a draft Masterplan for the precinct.
This is what you told us was important to you:
- More parking and closer to community hub A/library
- A new ground floor library for easy access
- Open spaces, trees and vegetation, including indigenous planting
- Improved access and connections to other Croydon landmarks and Tarralla Creek
- Integrated hubs with a focus on community health and wellbeing
- Multi-purpose spaces for mixed uses by all community groups
- Embracing Croydon’s history and heritage
- Proposed development sites retained by Council.
This is what you told us you wanted to see improved:
- An increase to car parking spaces closer to Hub A/Library, including accessible parking bays
- No separation between the library and the duck pond
- Outdoor space for amphitheatre, outdoor music, markets and festivals
- Less paved areas
- Arts spaces
- Environmental design features considered
- Better signage in and around the precinct
Your great feedback on the draft Masterplan has resulted in a Revised Masterplan for the precinct. Consultation on the revised plan will take place 10 June, 2020 to 8 July 2020.