- development, and interim review, of Maroondah 2040 - Our future together
- development of the Maroondah COVID-19 Recovery Plan; and
- development of the Maroondah Liveability, Wellbeing and Resilience Strategy 2021-2031.
- Implementation of the Maroondah COVID-19 Recovery Plan
- Infrastructure upgrades to sporting facilities at Jubilee, Proclamation, Springfield, Cheong and Ainslie Parks, and at Dorset Recreation and Silcock Reserves
- Develop and implement the Maroondah Liveability, Wellbeing and Resilience Strategy 2021-2031 (incorporating the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan)
- Implement the Bayswater Business Precinct Transformation Strategy
- Design the Karralyka Centre redevelopment, and undertake staged works
- Review, update and implement Council’s Sustainability, Climate Change Risk and Adaptation, and Carbon Neutral strategies.
- Develop and implement Council’s Waste, Litter & Resource Recovery Strategy
- Design and construct activity centre carparks in Croydon, Ringwood and Heathmont; and at Heatherdale station
- Develop a new Croydon Structure Plan (including urban design guidelines)
- Undertake a staged development of the Croydon Community Wellbeing Precinct
- Implement the Gender Equality Act 2020, including Council’s Gender Equality Action Plan
- Implement the new Local Government Act 2020
- Advocate on key local issues on behalf of the Maroondah community, in the lead up to the State and Federal Government Elections in 2022
What is a Council Plan?
All Victorian local government authorities must prepare a Council Plan to meet requirements of the Local Government Act 2020. The Council Plan outlines Council’s strategic direction, strategic objectives, strategies, indicators, initiatives and priorities for at least the next four financial years.
How does Maroondah City Council develop the Council Plan?
The Council Plan evolves from the long-term Community Vision for the municipality - Maroondah 2040 - Our future together. The Council Plan sets key directions and priority actions for the next four years to work towards the Maroondah 2040 Community Vision.
Has the community been involved in the development of the Council Plan?
The community has been extensively involved in the development of the Draft Council Plan 2021-2025 through engagement for:
Additionally, the Draft Council Plan 2021-2025 incorporates the inputs and recommendations of a panel of 40 community members that came together over a period of six weeks, and ten sessions, to deliberate on the topics of health and wellbeing; liveable communities; environment; and assets.
What priorities have been identified for Maroondah for the 2021-2025 period?
A total of 37 key priority actions have been identified for Council to deliver over the 2021-2025 period. These priorities are spread across each of the eight Maroondah 2040 outcome areas and include:
Additional priorities may be identified during the 2021-2025 period. These will be added to the Council Plan during annual updates.
How to I navigate the Draft Council Plan 2021-2025 document?
The Draft Council Plan 2021-2025 is divided into a number of sections, which are outlined below.
Overview of Maroondah
Pages 6 to 11
This section provides an overview of our city, including our history, community, environment and economy.
Overview of Council
Pages 13 to 24
This section provides an overview of the role and function of Council; Councilors and Wards; the Council organisation; and how Council undertakes planning and community engagement.
Vision for the future
Pages 25 to 61
This section outlines the overarching Maroondah 2040 Community Vision and future outcomes. It also provides the detail on key directions, priority actions, indicators, supporting policies, strategies and plans, and core services across each of the eight outcome areas.
Integrated Service Delivery
Pages 62 to 63
This section outlines the relationship between Council services and the Maroondah 2040 Community Vision.
Pages 64 to 68
This section summarises the priorities of Council over the 2021 -2025 period as described in the Vision for the future section above.
Pages 70 to 73
The section provides definitions for key terms used in the Council Plan.