Council’s flood modelling data indicates that properties along the western side of New Street, between Molan Street and the central common property access to the factories at 100 New Street, are impacted by overland stormwater flows from New Street. A history of resident complaints supports the flood modelling data.
We have undertaken concept modelling for drainage upgrades to mitigate this flooding. These works are likely to involve:
- Duplicate stormwater drain from Albert Street to 98 New Street.
- Additional stormwater pits.
- Upgrade of the stormwater easement drain through 98 New Street and through the common property of 100 New Street (outside units 2 to 4).
- Raising of footpath (including vehicle crossing and driveway alterations) outside 78 to 98 New Street.
- Raising of the road pavement levels in Molan Street at the intersection with New Street
Consultation has concluded